Fox News anchor Joey Jones unloaded on sailors aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln for complaining about the ever-deteriorating conditions aboard the aircraft carrier deployed to the Middle East since late last year.
Jones on “The Big Weekend Show” Saturday night was specifically responding to a recent CNN segment featuring an unnamed service member aboard the Lincoln that aired on Thursday.
“I would say morale’s pretty low, and not just in the division, like in the ship entirely,” the service member told CNN. “We’re running pretty low on rations, I mean at some points in the day it would just be about noodles and tuna mixed in together, and that was it … sometimes you get a corndog, sometimes you get a hot dog.”
Jones let out an audible sigh as the segment ended before ranting for nearly three minutes, comparing the sailor’s experiences to his deployment with the Marines to Iraq and Afghanistan.
“That little … you know what I ate in Afghanistan for six months using a little burner? I ate Ramen noodles … that’s what I ate, and I was happy to have it, because the alternative was an MRE or something cooked by the Afghan guy who was too stupid to be given a gun and they let him be the cook,” Jones said.
Jones went on to ask the soldiers, “How weak are you?” before continuing his rant.
“On TV, complaining about tuna and noodles?” Jones said. “I’m sorry, you volunteered to serve your country. You can come back, get out of the military, and do like all of these Democrat veterans and complain about it and make commercials and be a sellout if you want to.”
Jones served the Marine Corps for eight years, eventually reaching the rank of staff sergeant, and was wounded in 2010 when an improvised explosive device detonated while he was deployed to Afghanistan. He suffered major injuries that led to him having both legs amputated.
Reports of food and water shortages along with deteriorating mental health among service members and even sailors jumping overboard have gained significant attention over the past week.
Trump administration officials, including Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and the president himself, have largely dismissed these reports.
“We make sure every ship, every crew, every captain has everything we can provide them at every single moment. Some deployments are longer than others, and I have more respect and gratitude for those sailors than anybody. What they do in those high seas in those austere conditions with less port calls — it’s incredible,” Hegseth told reporters during a visit to Panama earlier this week.
President Donald Trump flatly denied the reports of sailors jumping overboard when asked about it on Friday.
“Well, no, that ship is moving,” Trump said while answering questions at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland. “No, they’re not. That ship is moving right now ― or very shortly ― and it’s being replaced with another very similar ship.”
