The island is going to great lengths to keep water flowing to its all-important semiconductor industry, including shutting off irrigation to legions of rice growers. Orignially published in NYT.
- Unicorns are ready for a haircut
- The Long Kiss Goodbye: Will Covid End the French Bise Forever?
- The pandemic effect is slowing
- Key Afghan City in Danger of Falling to the Taliban
- 5 lessons from Duolingo’s bellwether edtech IPO of the year
- Police in China Detain Canadian Pop Star Kris Wu on Suspicion of Rape
- China roundup: Keep down internet upstarts, cultivate hard tech
- Cryptocurrency is taking off as a way to pay for those vacation getaways
- In South Africa, Poachers Now Traffic in Tiny Succulent Plants
- As Fears Grip Afghanistan, Hundreds of Thousands Flee