In a trial held in Germany, the man was sentenced to life in prison for the death of the Yazidi girl, whom he allowed to die of thirst in Falluja, Iraq. Orignially published in NYT.
- Three Years Ago, I Moved From NYC To Germany; Here Are The 10 European Cities I’ve Loved Most So Far
- Intellect, the mental health startup focused on APAC, raises $10M Series A
- Burkina Faso President Ousted in Military Coup
- Cramer says selling not done for tech stocks trading at high multiples to sales: ‘Those have had it’
- Monday was one of the biggest market comebacks of all time. History shows it’s not time to cheer yet
- Gillmor Gang: Culture Clubs
- How Scott Morrison Lost Control of His WeChat Account
- ‘In the End, You’re Treated Like a Spy,’ Says M.I.T. Scientist
- Omicron Offers Hope Pandemic Could Stabilize, W.H.O. Official Says.
- For the first time in 4 years, profitability beats growth