Iran’s system of government is neither the democracy it claims nor the monolithic theocracy portrayed by critics. The president does have real powers but is subservient to an “ultimate authority.” Orignially published in NYT.
- 28 Perfectly Packable Things You Probably Need For Your Next Trip
- Instagram Is “Pausing” Making An App For Kids
- Live Updates: Parties Vie for Power After Election Shakes Up German Politics.
- Why Haitians in Chile Keep Heading North to the U.S.
- This is how value investor David Herro is dipping his toe back into China
- Gas Shortages and Long Lines Upend Britons’ Daily Lives
- LinkedIn is testing a new, paid ticketed events service
- Terran Orbital to open a $300M satellite manufacturing and component facility on Florida’s Space Coast
- The Secret War Over Pentagon Aid in Fighting Wildfires
- Facebook Is Delaying ‘Instagram Kids’ Amid Criticism