The image of Enver Hoxha, a feared tyrant, was once everywhere in Albania. His last intact statue is watched over by a partly blind, 80-year-old defender. “Nobody wants him anymore.” Orignially published in NYT.
- Stripe backs India’s Clear in $75 million funding
- 5 changes social-audio apps should consider making now
- How intensive modding ushered in China’s computer revolution
- A C.I.A. Fighter, a Somali Bomb Maker, and a Faltering Shadow War
- Top Wall Street analysts see upside in these stocks as earnings season continues
- These 5 stocks reporting earnings this week almost always beat the Street and trade higher
- Heavy Is the Burden on Japan’s Royal Women
- A Rare Win in the Cat-and-Mouse Game of Ransomware
- Long Arm of Russian Law Reaches Obscure Siberian Church
- Please Don’t Feed the Whale Sharks? Fishing Town Says It Must, to Prosper.