The hallowed tradition of kora playing in Sona Jobarteh’s family passed down the male line. One of her teachers dismissed it as “an ethnic thing.” But it has brought her international acclaim. Orignially published in NYT.
- Sudan’s Prime Minister Is Detained at Home of General Who Led Coup
- Poland’s Heartland Would Rather Keep E.U. Money Than Break With Bloc
- YouTube, Snap and TikTok executives take their turn answering to Washington.
- CDC extends Covid restrictions for cruise ship industry into January
- Iran Wanted U.S. Out of Afghanistan. It May Be Sorry the Wish Came True.
- Apple launches Fitness+ group workouts powered by SharePlay
- Crossbeam lands $76M Series C as network effect fuels partner cloud growth
- Gusto buys Remote Team in bid to support more international hiring
- Inside the Realms of Ruin
- Céline’s Newly Unearthed Work Causes a Stir in France